Welcome To New Life Chiropractic
At New Life Chiropractic, we offer healthcare programs for everyone, from babies to seniors, athletes and performers. Our experienced chiropractic team is dedicated to listening to our patients, understanding their concerns and lifestyle needs, and helping them get healthy and stay well.
You will receive personalized attention from both the doctor and staff, in a caring and relaxing environment. Every patient receives an individualized treatment program, to meet their unique health needs. Our team will teach you about the healing process, what caused your condition and how to prevent it from happening again.
To provide a positive, caring environment in which to heal.
To serve and educate our patients about chiropractic and wellness concepts.
To help our patients develop and achieve their health goals and live a better quality of life.
Dr. Kurt Schagen
Dr. Kurt Schagen has been providing quality chiropractic care to Berkshire County for over 27 years. He is the recipient of a “5 Star Award” for quality service and has been voted “Best in the Berkshires” for “7” seven years. He is actively involved in the area Chamber of Commerce supporting health and wellness in the community as well as many philanthropic causes. With the growing popularity of chiropractic care, it is important to have the utmost confidence in your doctor. Chiropractic patients in Dr. Schagen’s practice range in age from newborn to 90 plus years old. His area of expertise includes rehabilitation of the back and neck as well as the treatment of sports injuries, whiplash, scoliosis, pediatrics, therapeutic nutrition and muscular problems.
Dr. Schagen’s undergraduate education includes a bachelor’s degree in pre-med from Susquehanna University, where he graduated in 1983 Magna Cum Laude. In 1988 he received his doctorate degree in chiropractic from New York Chiropractic College graduating Cum Laude. Dr. Schagen has completed a 100-hour postgraduate course in spinal rehabilitation from Los Angeles Chiropractic College. He is certified by the National Safety Council in their “Back Power” Spinal Rehabilitation program. He also holds a certificate in the American Medical Association’s Impairment Rating Guidelines.
His post graduate crowning achievement was the completion of rigorous training to become a Certified Wellness Practitioner. This extensive instruction, addresses advanced aspects of wellness and optimal health in the context of the chiropractic paradigm. The C.C.W.P. certification credential is awarded by the International Chiropractic Association, ICA Council on Wellness Science.
Dr. Kurt Schagen’s additional post graduate education includes:
• Myofascial Pain Syndrome: Seminars with Dr. John Lowe & Dr. Michael Schneider, two of the country’s foremost experts in Myofascial Pain Syndrome and Myofascial Therapy.
• Sports Injuries: “Soft Tissue Diagnosis and Treatment of the Extremities” seminar with Dr. Warren Hammer, a leading authority in the treatment of soft tissue and sports injuries.
• Rehabilitation: Los Angeles Chiropractic College a 100-hour course dealing with all phases of rehabilitation of musculoskeletal conditions
• Whiplash Injuries: Seminars with Dr. Arthur Croft of the Spine Research Institute of San Diego.
• Scoliosis: Seminar sponsored by the Massachusetts Chiropractic Society.
• Pediatrics: The Baby Adjusters seminar with Drs. Jennifer and Palmer Peet.
• Nimmo/Receptor Tonus Technique: Trigger point therapy seminar with Dr. Jeff Cohen.
• Clinical Nutrition: Seminars in various topics with Jeff Bland, Ph.D., an internationally respected expert in human nutrition, Metagenics Inc., Jeffrey Moss D.D.S., C.N.S., C.C.N., of Moss Nutrition, Gary Lasneski, D.C.
• Impairment Ratings: Certification in the American Medical Association’s Guidelines with Dr. Kaplan
“As a wellness practitioner I address more than just pain, I focus on overall lifestyle intervention. The ability to educate and empower patients regarding healthy lifestyle change is the skill set that is most needed. At New Life Chiropractic, we recognize the important role that a properly functioning spine and nervous system plays in maintaining good health. We combine treatment of the spinal column with coaching on various aspects of healthy living such as nutrition, functional exercise and stress management to create a comprehensive approach to improving your health.”
Visit Our Pittsfield Location
NEW LIFE CHIROPRACTIC
100 Wendell Avenue, Suite 8
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Monday: 8:15 am – 1:00pm, 2:30pm – 6:15pm
Tuesday: 10:00am – 1:00pm, 2:30pm – 6:15pm
Wednesday: 8:15am – 1:00pm, 2:30pm – 6:15pm
Thursday: 2:00pm – 6:15pm
Friday: 8:15am – 1:00pm 2:30pm – 6:00pm
Need assistance? Send us a message